African Guarantee Fund (AGF)
Position title: Finance Assistant Officer
Reporting and evaluation: The Finance Assistant Officer reports to the Chief Accountant. The Chief Accountant evaluates the performance based on achieved results.
The African Guarantee Fund (AGF): The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) is incorporated and licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi, Kenya.
Its products and services provide financial institutions with the means which they can leverage in bringing their African SME financing interventions to the required scale.
The AGF contributes to the promotion of economic development, vital for prosperity, stability and poverty reduction in Africa through two lines of activity:
a) Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by the financial sector when lending to SMEs that have insufficient collateral.
These guarantees contribute to reduce the inability of SMEs to provide acceptable guarantees to financial institutions. Loan Guarantee based on a hybrid approach, Bank’s Fund Raising Guarantee and Equity Guarantees are offered.
b) Support for capacity development of the client financial institutions.
The AGF operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with operations in a number of countries in Africa and its gradually expanding to other countries to cover the whole of Africa.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) together with the governments of Denmark (through DANIDA), Spain (through AECID), and France (through AFD) are the main shareholders of AGF.
AGF is rated with a stable credit rating of AA- by Fitch Rating International
Position Summary: The Finance Assistant Officer will be responsible for providing support to the Finance team by Work closely with the Finance team to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
This is a key role within the Finance Department and the position holder is expected to focus on providing a high level of financial and accounting support across AGF as well as achieving positive outcomes.
- Preparation of Invoices and receipts and posting them in the accounting system
- Preparation of weekly aging receivable reports
- Accrual and receivables reconciliation
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by preparation of payment vouchers – Cheques & Bank Transfers
- Reconciliation of Suppliers accounts
- Posting of invoices into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents
- Preparation of finance board reports
- Assist in the production of weekly financial statements and reports
Petty Cash Management
- Issue of petty cash
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Issuance of Travel advance and reconciliation in accordance with the travel advance policy
- Payments confirmations from suppliers to the bank
- Bank Statement posting and reconciliation
- Updating payments register for cash flow projection
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
In addition to the above duties, the Finance Assistant Officer may be required to perform other related or unrelated duties based on the company’s needs.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Statistics, Science & Economics;
- Certified Public Accountant (K)or ACCA;
- A minimum of Five years (5) Accounting/Finance experience preferably in the financial services sector.
- A master degree in Finance or related field is an added advantage
- Bilingual in French/English is an added advantage
- Strong grounding in IT with good knowledge of accounting systems;
- Analytical mindset;
- Results oriented and highly motivated;
- Good team leadership;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Terms of Offer: The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a regionally competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should apply by email, sending one document including a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Application for Finance Assistant Officer” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Applications will be considered until 24th June 2018.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at: www.africanguaranteefund.com