Paint Manufacturing Company
Job Vacancy: Area Sales Manager – Industrial Paints
Our client is a leading name in paint manufacturing industry with operations in Kenya and other multiple African countries.
They seek to hire an energetic, result drive person in the role of Area Sales Manager – Industrial Paints.
The ideal candidate MUST have at least 5 years’ experience in sales working with a paint manufacturer.
Those who hold Bsc Industrial Chemistry or related degree stands the best opportunity.
Salary: KES 150,000 – 250,000
Direct Report to: Sales Head
Main Purpose of Job: Responsible for sales, collection and marketing of Marine & Protective Coatings (International Paint), Floor Coatings (Cipy Coatings) and Local Industrial Paints to ensure incremented growth in sales and profitability in Republic of Kenya.
Manpower reporting to you – Industrial sales officer in Mombasa, Industrial Sales officer in Nairobi and Sales officer for Floor Coatings with dotted line reporting to respective deports.
Key Outputs / Deliverables
- Maintain & develop new business and achieve set yearly sales targets for Marine & Protective Coatings (International Paint), Floor Coatings (Cipy Coatings) and Local Industrial Paints like Fast Dry, QAD Enamel, Stoving Enamel, Heat Resistant Paints, Coil Coatings, Anti-fouling Paints etc
- Sales and Collection target setting & monitoring, Sales Planning and forecasting.
- Manages an assigned geographic area to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales volume/value and GP.
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales team to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and maintaining effective, efficient and professional sales team.
- Co-ordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Supports and facilitates sales team in all day-to-day sales activities.
- Co-ordination and co-operates with sales team to meet day to day business requirements.
- Scheduling diaries; updates sales team by consolidating, analyzing, and forwarding daily action summaries.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information to the sales team & customers; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
- Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analyzing, and summarizing expenses; before forwarding for reimbursement.
- Product complaint handling: deploying proper product complaint management system & record keeping. Receiving, managing & timely redressal of product complaints.
- Retain old customers and acquire new customers. Maintains customer database by inputting customer profile and updates.
- Efficiently manage customers and territory to maximize sales through Strategic planning and execution.
- Keep accurate Sales records and prepare weekly and monthly sales reports for Sales Head.
- Management reporting and Sales forecasting through set Strategies & Goals.
- Manage debts owed and keep customer ledger in line with the Company policy.
- Maintain strong and good customer relations and rapport through regular visits, “Koroga, meets, painters’ trainings, Counter staff trainings etc…
- Collection of market intelligence and submit on regular basis competitors’ information on pricing and promotion activities to Management.
- Continuous feedback on product quality and service issues to Sales Head/QA/QC.
- Organize customers and applicators training as per the target set.
- Carry out public relations activities with your designated customers.
- Ensure compliance to environment, health and safety standards and policy requirements for continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Chemical Engineer/ Degree OR Diploma in Paint Technology/ Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
- Over 5 years’ experience in Industrial Paint Sales, Marketing & Technical Services
- Competencies – excellent communication skills, selling skills, Negotiation Skill, Very good Analytical Skill and highly motivated,
- Computer skills: MS Word, Windows, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Sales
- Marine & Protective Coatings and Floor Coatings background.
- Driving license with minimum two (2) years driving experience
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th June 2018.
Put ‘Area Sales Manager – Industrial Paints’ on the email subject line.