Our Client, a Tier 1 Bank seeks to recruit Project Managers.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Functions: Information Technology, Project Management
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Plan and take responsibility for the overall project objectives of own change portfolio
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. (Agree annually and measure on a monthly basis).
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Keep monthly statistics and data to be provided in MI reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Capture/analyze and draft information into meaningful MI reports for senior management, stakeholders, team reporting and presentation purposes
- Present findings and conclusions together with recommendations to deploy new services or remediate existing services
- Business Change interface and escalation point for all project and infrastructure demand on own portfolio
- To engage collaboratively with project stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritization of delivery.
- Ensure Project Governance is observed.
- Ensure procurement of Commodity project and BAU related hardware/software is correct.
- Monitor Technical build, manufacture, integration and implementation of the initiatives within the Country
- Adherence to operational acceptance procedures and testing/approval process
- Ensure quality Assurance for Audit, Risk and Governance across all the projects in your portfolio.
- Guide and govern suppliers for project related activities ensuring they understand and adopt Bank agreed standards and architectures along with adhering to policy and procedures.
- To work across all in-Country functions and to act as an interface point between business and Technology
- B-degree, Commerce or a relevant banking or business degree or an Matric equivalent qualification or High Level diploma
- PMP qualification or Project Management certification
- Strong familiarity with project management software – MUST be able to demonstrate competency with MS Project 2010+
- Degree level education in an analytical subject would be beneficial
- (5-8) years’ experience and exposure to the Banking/ ICT Industry
- (5) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Displaying a thorough understanding of technology strategic issues in the banking or financial services sector
- Good understanding of project disciplines (Prince2, PMP)
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and associated concepts.
- Strong customer liaison and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation experience;
- Must be able to work under pressure, take clear ownership of issues and projects and drive to ensure a successful closure for the customer, peers and IT Production;
- Financial management – budget preparation and managing to budget;
- Working within a Global or Regional role
- Familiarity with ITIL-style management procedures and mainstream project management styles a distinct advantage;
- Experience of financial services preferred;
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Manager on the Subject line