Job Vacancy: Data Analyst – Servicing & Collection
Branch Overview: Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets.
We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
What We Offer: Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets.
Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
Reporting to the Servicing & Collections Manager, you are part of a team that interacts with borrowers, ensuring they understand their loan terms, are paying on time, and are receiving excellent customer service.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Using SQL, derive borrower data to send to debt collection companies.
- Promptly respond to questions from debt collection companies.
- Ensure that debt collection companies follow strict guidelines with regard to Branch standards.
- Reply to any repayment/collection emails from customers.
- Analyze collection and repayment trends.
- Generate invoicing data for the debt collection companies and reconcile all invoices received.
- Listing customers with CRB.
- Clearing customers with CRB.
- Identify gaps and areas for efficiency improvement areas in servicing and collection.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our servicing and collection efforts and suggest improvements.
- You write your own SQL queries to derive relevant data from databases
- You use Excel to summarize, report and present data findings
- You are able to identify a problem, generate hypotheses and use data to provide solutions
- You are comfortable working with large Data Sets
Qualifications & Skills
- Business/ Statistics/ Computer Science/Degree or their equivalent
- Excellent command of SQL. You will be tested on your ability to write SQL queries
- Excellent command of MS Excel. You will be tested on Excel skills level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Highly entrepreneurial, comfortable with startups, ambiguity and taking initiative
- Team player
Kindly visit our careers page HERE to apply.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.