Job Vacancy: Loan Review Associate
Reporting to: Loan Origination Senior Associate
Other Details: 1 Year Renewable Contract, comfortable with shift working
Branch Overview: Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets.
We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access.
The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
What We Offer: Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding
with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
Job Description: This role will be responsible for day to day appraisal of loan applications, loan disbursement and other credit related work
- Evaluate loan applications for all new borrowers applying for Branch loans
- Identify and report potential fraud
- Manage refunds, repayments, and other payment processes
- Update documentation related to loan reviews and payment processes
- Initiate manual disbursements to customers
- Escalate any credit and risk matters to the team leader
- Propose areas of continuous improvement to the team leader and product team
- Any other duties as may arise on a daily basis
- Degree in Finance/Banking/ Business
- 1-year experience in a Credit, loan review, Micro-finance, risk management teams
- Detailed understanding of loans, credit scores and risk levels
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguity and taking initiative
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Extremely analytical with excellent attention to detail
Kindly visit our careers page HERE to apply online.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.