Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Job Vacancy: Senior Operations Manager
Job Location: Nairobi County, Kenya
Job Description: The Senior Operations Manager plays a key role in managing Busara’s day to day operations globally.
Based in Busara’s main operating hub in Nairobi, the Senior Manager supports the Director of Operations in overseeing Busara’s global operations in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and other countries where Busara has or is building a presence.
The Senior Manager is specifically responsible for overseeing day to day facilities planning and management, logistics and procurement, fleet management, security, and operations risk management.
In five years, Busara has grown from four people in one office to over 130 staff across the region, with active projects across Africa. The Senior Operations Manager will play a leading role in supporting Busara’s growth while helping to ensure smooth, efficiently run operations in our existing offices.
The ideal candidate is extremely proactive, a good communicator verbally and in writing, and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have experience with managing operations in the region, should have working knowledge of best practices in procurement, and should demonstrate good judgment with respect to all operational issues, particularly security.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the running and day to day management of all Busara offices through direct engagement with country managers and facilities staff.
- Where necessary, work with office leads to harmonize Busara’s operational procedures across its Kenya and Uganda offices, and help develop and implement procedures to be rolled out to all new offices.
- Manage all aspects of security, from office security to the safety and security of each of our staff members who is traveling. This will involve developing and implementing a system for tracking individual staff who are traveling, assessing the security situation in various countries where Busara works, serving as the first point of contact on security matters, and advising the Director of Operations on key developments and issues.
- Support the Director of Operations by preparing, reviewing, and editing documents including standard operating procedures, policies, and staff communications.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Operations as needed, including gathering documentation for new country registration and liaising with key service providers.
- Work with each country operations manager to compile and analyze budgets and build purchasing and procurement plans.
- Build and implement a plan to make sure that all visitors to every Busara office have a positive, on brand experience from the moment they enter the door.
- Support the Director of Operations by compiling operations performance metrics, regularly assessing the operational health of all Busara offices.
- Working with each office manager, develop a system to ensure that all local operational risks are addressed and mitigated, including all local requirements and regulations affecting Busara’s operations.
- Assess the value provided by all service providers serving Busara’s operations and make recommendations for new providers where appropriate.
- Experience working managing operations in a fast paced environment in Africa.
- Experience with overseeing security or working with an organization in high risk areas ideal.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and address areas for process or policy improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Solid knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong IT skills, including the ability to clearly, simply, and effectively represent information in spreadsheets, slides, etc.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, and metrics.
- Fast paced and extremely organized.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online