Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Job Vacancy: Talent Acquisition Manager
Job Location: Nairobi County, Kenya
Job Description: The Talent Acquisition Manager is the primary member of our People team in charge of executing Busara’s plans to attract, recruit, and onboard top talent.
Based in Busara’s main operating hub in Nairobi, the Manager will oversee the full cycle of recruitment and employment branding, from initial job posting to full employee onboarding.
The Manager will be responsible for discovering top talent, building a strong employment brand, and ensuring great relationships with candidates and employees.
Busara is a behavioral science organization that uses rigorous data and cutting-edge research methods in all of its work, and our People team is no different. As a firm driven by human capital, our people drive everything we do, from our engagements to our culture.
Our value as a firm comes from our exceptional people. We aim to eliminate bias in the hiring process and expect our Talent Acquisition Manager to embrace a scientific and rigorous approach to hiring.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strong communicator both verbally and in writing and will be able to quickly understand Busara’s brand and human capital needs.
The Manager will be able to partner with senior management to determine current staffing needs, produce forecasts, and develop talent acquisition plans. Additionally, the Manager will be the primary person responsible for implementing employment branding initiatives.
To excel as Talent Acquisition Manager, we expect you to be experienced in full-cycle recruiting and employment branding. You should have a sharp eye for talented people and a steady commitment to help them find success in our company.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for the following:
- In partnership with Busara’s senior management, determine staffing needs across the Africa region and produce forecasts.
- Develop and implement talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans for Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, and all other countries where Busara is hiring staff.
- Help Busara build a strong employer brand and execute employment branding initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with candidates for future opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations and individuals in Busara’s network who can help us find top talent.
- Strategically source potential hires from different backgrounds, helping Busara build a diverse, competitive team across all its offices.
- Propose, develop, and lead employment branding initiatives.
- Source to fill open positions through social media and other online searches and anticipate Busara’s future needs.
- Plan and conduct the recruitment and selection process (interviews, screening calls, etc.), including coordinating internally with selection committee members for key positions.
- Actively take steps to ensure a positive, consistent experience for all candidates.
- Engage with and manage any external recruiters Busara is working with for specific positions.
- Host or participate in candidate recruitment initiatives or partnerships with universities.
- Assist in employee retention and development.
- Use metrics to create reports and identify areas of improvement.
- Excellent communicator who engages well externally and internally
- Proven experience as talent acquisition manager
Experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and employment branding
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases
- A leader and strategic thinker
- BSc/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant field.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online