Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the position of a Cargo Consolidations Officer to be based in Mombasa
- To review and advise on staffing requirements for the business unit and participate in recruitment of team members.
- To train and develop team members in line with operational requirements.
- To put in place duty rotas and work schedules aimed at ensuring maximum utilization of staff and smooth service delivery.
- To develop and put in place procedures and systems for cargo consolidation operations.
- To register manifests and secured charges in good time.
- To liaise with shipping lines and ensure vessels are tracked and any amendments on MBL done before arrival.
- To advise clients/partners on how HBL/MBL should be addressed.
- To coordinate stripping of FCL containers at CFSs.
- To receive and inspect consignments at CFSs / Port to ensure that all are in order.
- To release consignments to clients upon payment of the relevant charges.
- To ensure necessary records are generated and filed for all consolidation operations.
- Ensure Zero errors during documentation and release.
- To develop and implement adequate security measures to safeguard consignments in all stages of operation.
- To report, investigate and recommended corrective actions in the event of an incident and/or accident in line of operational areas.
- To report on damages or loss of consignments and make claims as per established procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality of information relating to operations and shipments is maintained.
Client Relationship Management
- To develop and implement client relationship management procedures and systems.
- To offer advice to clients and agents on shipping regulations and relevant incoterms.
- To give up-to-date updates by sending pre-alerts for arriving cargo.
- Ensure clients/partners are kept informed on release of cargo by phone and email as may be necessary.
- Ensuring that on every file all communication and correspondence are filed as per laid down procedure / format.
- Ensure that all file related documents are kept and maintained in the file at all times.
- Handling and resolving questions / complaints from clients in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- To build and maintain customer relationships through networking, effective communication and focus on resolving customer complaints.
- To ensure the company is duly licensed and complies with any regulations issues by the relevant licensing and regulatory bodies i.e. KMA/KRA/KEBS/KGCHA.
- To ensure staffs in your section are conversant with documentation procedures, shipping incoterms and other legal requirements.
- Preparing daily operational status report for internal and external use.
- In the event of unforeseen/additional expenses, ensuring that the same are communicated to the concerned agent and/or client in good time and following up for settlement.
- Liaising with respective support departments for smooth handling and management of client accounts.
- To provide advice on operational procedures and other requirements in the industry.
- To undertake any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field required.
- Experience of at least 5 years in Shipping or cargo consolidated firm.
- Training in any course on the logistics – preferably in shipping management.
- Knowledge of East African Customs Management Act and other relevant regulations.
- Conversant with IATA Dangerous Goods Pack or Accept guidelines
- Computer literate
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work.
- Strong understanding of air, sea and road transportation of cargo.
- Strong understanding of cargo consolidation documentation and regulations guiding shipping of different kinds of goods.
- Strong understanding of maritime laws and import and export procedures.
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures and shipping incoterms
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit good problem solving abilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and department contribution. Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment.
- Analytical and enquiring mind.
How to Apply:
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 22nd June 2018 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking – “Cargo Consolidations Officer”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal opportunity employer.