Job Vacancy: Store Receiving Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Industry: Retail
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit a Store Receiving Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that staff accessing receiving area respects the store receiving rules.
- Maintain a clean and well-arranged receiving area and warehouse.
- Ensure the respect of security, safety, and hygiene procedures.
- Control and keep records of the pallets stock.
- Ensure that all received goods are accurately and timely recorded as per internal procedure.
- Ensure all received merchandises are corresponding to the purchase orders through a proper checking in terms of qualities and quantities.
- Monitor the warehouse team that the receiving process is strictly followed as per internal
- Implement and/or improve control mechanisms and monitor the same to reduce the possibility of fraud attempts.
- Report any suspicion regarding possible fraud activities for immediate investigation.
- Apply the company corporate policies and labour laws for working hours, leaves & weekly schedule.
- Carry out Performance Analysis once a year with the team members.
- Identify employees with high potential and propose their career development plan.
- Manage the training plan of the department and control the execution of technical training needed for the department.
- Practices the company values and Guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members.
- Promotes and practices communication and participatory management within the team.
- Control strictly the merchandise flow in receiving area according to the Business Cycle procedures.
- Ensure the respect of freshness and hygiene rules (BLQ).
- Ensure the reliability of the returns procedures.
- Ensure that all transactions (receiving and return) are captured daily in the Back- Office system, and that the paperwork is well attended to.
- Control the return goods and waste; separate the waste and damaged goods for disposal and claim.
- Check and control the waste items.
- Control warehouse entrance and check suppliers who are entering the warehouse.
- Propose and take necessary measures towards reduction of the distribution costs.
- Ensure the respect of budget/ forecast and take corrective measures when necessary.
- Set appropriate control mechanism to ensure budget compliance and takes corrective measures when necessary.
- Propose and take necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational and shrinkage/waste costs.
- Proposes the yearly department budget and ensures the respect of the approved budget.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Commerce, Administration or equivalent
- 3+ year professional experience in Supply Chain of a Retail Business
- Good knowledge of clearing, forwarding and costing methods
- Knowledge of local municipality rules and regulations
- Good planning & logistics skills
To apply, click the link: https://flexi-personnel.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/22660 on or before close of business 25th July 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement