Job Vacancy: Channel Account Manager – Kenya Channel
Are you hard-working and a self-starter looking for a serious career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, where hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded? Then our client is looking for you!
Our client is a leading Cloud backup and storage provider with over 10,000 end user customers and in excess of 140 channel partners.
The Channel Account Manager role’s main purpose is to generate new business opportunities within the Kenyan Channel. Through developing and maintaining business relationships with key channel partners, you are to ensure that the company has a well-established and scalable route to market.
- Projection and execution of sales revenue, channel sales profitability and new customer acquisition goals.
- Develop channel sales plans and strategies for building/maintaining an accurate sales pipeline and moving opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Effective and accurate sales forecasts for each of the channel partners.
- Work closely with marketing to develop and execute lead generation initiates.
- Work closely with the sales team, leading the day-today channel sales activities. You will be expected to supervise the internal sales team – encouraging them to drive additional sales into existing partners, whilst finding new reseller clients.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to marketing.
- Identify and develop up-sell/cross-sell opportunities of other services into existing/new accounts within the channel.
- Maintain an active, intimate relationship with the Channel at all levels and gain a full understanding of their business, including back-office processes, sales and marketing plans and internal support mechanisms.
- Ensure that the company is represented at all levels to new customers and that the objectives, brand, product set and value proposition business is accurately represented in the market.
- Record data about existing and potential clients within the data capture systems accurately – specifically CRM.
- Liaise with Sales Assistants to make call backs and follow up calls to prospects and clients to ensure a high opportunity conversion rate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales. Channel experience within the IT space is a plus but not a must.
- A self-starter – able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination.
- Experience in creating and building a reseller channel.
- Proven sales experience, hunting and closing business with new customers.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and presentation skills.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues, clients, partners and suppliers.
- Good organisational and time management skills – able to develop and work to processes.
- Able to network effectively with peers and customer accounts at all levels including senior management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to business and personal integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants to submit their application including an updated CV, indicating their current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday 22nd June 2018.
Ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.