KEMRI –CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following position:
Position: Data Intern
Reports to: Data Manager
Job Purpose: To assist in data management including data collection, mining, filing, archiving, QA/QC, database updates, reports generation, etc.
The internship programme will be for six (6) months renewable once.
- Data collection, compilation , cleaning , investigational analysis and processing for entry into databases
- Designing, improving and updating live databases for long term data storage and back-ups
- Assisting in data analysis
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
- Trouble shoots all technology issues including hardware, software and network operating system
- Preparing daily and weekly reports
- Scanning and filing of records, archive systems in accordance to department procedures
- Monitor security of all technology
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and computer science or a related field from a recognized university
- Training on data analysis (STATA and or R)
- Very Good IT skills including hardware, software and networks
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in data entry/data management an added advantage
- Skills in database development
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th July 2018.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.