KEMRI –CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following position:
Position: Research Assistant
Reports to: Country Director Scale-Up Project
Job Purpose: The Research Assistant will be responsible for field data collection.
- Timely abstraction of data from patients’ charts
- Verify quality of data by comparing abstracted data to source documents
- Ensure facilities have adequate data collection tools and request necessary supplies for the project
- Liaise with the health facility staff to ensure project activities are conducted as scheduled
- Providing project management team with regular feedback on field activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- College diploma in nursing, or other health related field
- Experience working in a Comprehensive Care Centre will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Past experience in electronic data collection using Survey CTO/ ODK desirable
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
d) Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
e) Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
f) Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
g) Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 13th July 2018.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.