Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Job Vacancy: Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional and innovative individual with imagination and great drive as well as determination to deliver a clear vision and first class services in the Corporate Sector Portfolio.
If you have an excellent sales track record in this area with solid credit experience, this opportunity should be your next career move.
The Relationship Manager will be charged with the responsibility of establishing and deepening value driven cordial banking relationships with key corporate clients within the target market segments.
He/she will aim to increase the Bank’s market share in Corporate Banking to achieve the profit targets as set by the bank, and work closely with product teams to identify cross-selling opportunities and undertake the preparation of analysis or credit proposals as required.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Develop and nurture strategic relationships with the corporate clients to ensure that the Bank maximizes on the Business potential / wallet size of the customer.
- Continually recommend improvements and adaptations to existing systems, processes and structures in order to ensure current and future viability of the relationships.
- Acquisition of new corporate clients and continuous monitoring and nurturing of the relationships to ensure that clients are always satisfied with the Bank’s services and solutions.
- Develop forecasts/quantify the expected business from prospective clients based on comprehensively done and updated account plans.
- Develop and package winning value propositions targeting major relationships with huge potentials for cheap deposits, quality assets, and substantial Non -funded revenues.
- Identify key contacts and key business influencers’ within the clients’ business and foster a relationship to ensure cutting edge information about the client’s business objectives, opportunities and threats for proactive management.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the client’s industry and business; analyze their modus operandi, management practices and market conditions affecting the long term sustainability and viability of the business and sector.
- Introduce specialist skills on specific products and product mix at the appropriate time and level in order to create solutions which effectively satisfy client needs.
- Initiate and monitor customer/Bank contact at all levels, ensuring that customers enjoy the highest standards of service.
- Proactively monitor markets and pre-empt risks for both the Bank and the client with timely identification of potential problem accounts and formulating appropriate risk mitigating strategies
- Keep abreast of developments in the market; be aware of projects to be carried out by parastatals, government ministries and developmental agencies and their various sources of funding with a view to market for collection business from cash rich corporates with large collections volumes.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field: Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience as a Relationship Manager managing large corporate clients.
- Knowledge of various bank’s products and services including those that are being developed.
- Knowledgeable in Trade Finance transactions and its associated processes with experience in corporate lending especially to state owned institutions.
- Experience in Corporate Mortgage and project management and other industry-associated risks evaluation and management.
- Analytical and presentation skills for pitching proposals and responses to request for proposals locations.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number RM/CIB/2018 by 28th June, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.