Vihiga College of Business and Technical Training
Position Title: College Administrator
Reporting to: The Managing Director
Job Location: Vihiga
About Us: Vihiga College of Business and Technical Training is a leading technical institution offering quality tertiary education at the certificate and diploma levels. We are looking to grow our team of professionals and would be excited to meet talented and all round competent educational professionals to join us.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments, a calm disposition and the ability to multi task in the face of interruptions.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern educational training methods and techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet
- A strong sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information with the ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
- Excellent (written and oral) communication and excellent interpersonal skills with an attention to detail.
- Enjoys working with young people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining effective relations with departments, students, and the local community, and other educational institutions by interpreting college policies and programs accurately and constructively, taking a lead in recruiting, registration and admission of students.
- Day to day management of the campus through management, maintenance and control of college finances, stocks and assets. Interviewing and recommend to the managing director personnel for hire.
- Identify needs and lead initiatives of the college, to recommend the organizational structure and staff complement and to provide information and reports to the management board at the request of the managing director.
- Motivating, supervising and disciplining staff and students and staff and maintain the college’s integrity and discipline.
- Take a lead role in the formulation of marketing plans and advertising strategies for the college and be responsible for its quality and effectiveness.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities, ensuring lecturing staff are teaching students as per curriculum and maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- Perform any other duties assigned or delegated by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related disciplines from a recognized Institution although a diploma with relevant experience may also be acceptable
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) Curriculum.
- Knowledge of budgeting, finance, admissions, and record keeping in an educational institution.
- Any exposure to e-learning platforms would be an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted