Vacancy Announcement: Senior Technical Manager, Sustainable Production
About Conservation International: For just over 30 years, Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of everyone on Earth. But we are not a run-of-the-mill environmental organization; we are more like a human organization.
We know that human beings are totally dependent on nature, and that when we work to save nature we are really working to save ourselves. CI has a staff of over 1,000 employees working in more than 30 countries to build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Our goal ¡s to protect the most fundamental things that nature provides to all of us: our food, fresh water, our livelihoods, and a stable climate. Cl works at every level, from remote villages to the offices of presidents and CEOs, to find these solutions.
About The Position: The Africa Field Division (AfFD) has established offices in five countries (Botswana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, and South Africa) and working relations with a further 12 countries in Africa – covering a continent with wide ranging economic conditions, a rich natural capital base as well as diverse socio-economic and environmental challenges.
There is a need to bring in an experienced Technical Manager to support the overall implementation of the Sustainable Production Programme working across the following sectors: Mining and Extractives, Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Fisheries.
S/he will also be responsible for the Monitoring and Evaluation of all the projects/programmes that relate to the Division’s Sustainable Production Programme.
Working closely with Project Partners, both within and outside of Conservation International, the incumbent is expected to:
1. Ensure development and implementation of agreed project work plans, creating synergies and cooperation with the existing programmes on sustainable production.
2. Effectively monitor, evaluate and report (internally and externally) on the specific projects based on the agreed results frameworks.
3. Development of and building of relationships/partnerships with key governments, private and non-governmental partners will be a key responsibility for this position, including serving as an institutional representative at workshops can conferences both internally and externally.
4. Preparation of programme requests for concepts and/or proposals to support resource mobilization opportunities
5. To leverage strategic communication tools to enhance the visibility and knowledge management of the sustainable production programme strategy and action plan including preparation of project communication materials. This may include development of data analysis and data driven support tools as relevant.
6. Administratively, the Senior Technical Manager will be expected to manage programme contracts and consultancies, and organize and conduct workshops/trainings
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field
- Not less than 5 years practical experience ¡n management and implementation of projects across several countries.
- Working knowledge of development cooperation in environmental management, natural resource management or sustainable production
- Proven experiences in Project Management, including technical and financial management
- Demonstrated experience within working with Government Agencies, Private Sector and Non-Governmental partners
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation through workshops and trainings. Facilitating public-private dialogue and developing a shared understanding of strategies and action plans will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and synthetically across fields and topics
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to work independently and/or remotely, while maintaining productivity
- Experience in cross-cultural consultation, training, capacity building and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environments and cultivate productive partnerships across a diversity of stakeholders with good people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality products subject to strict deadlines
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills; including public speaking
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
The following qualifications will be an added advantage:
- Adaptive management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Go to the Careers tab on the CI website i.e. www.conservation.org to access the full job description and application form for the position
Applicants must have the legal ability to work in Kenya without employer sponsorship.
Deadline for applications is June 29, 2018