Company: Eco Fuels Kenya Ltd (EFK)
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Do you have a passion for agriculture, agroforestry or farmer development programs?
Do you have experience in creating supply chain systems and assuring quality?
Are you self-motivated and can handle pressure and have great desire to produce results?
Do you have experience working in a fast moving startup environment?
About the Company: Eco Fuels Kenya Ltd (EFK) is an innovative social enterprise committed to sustainable agribusiness development through the production of high value, renewable energy, and organic agricultural outputs. As the first and only producer of croton bioenergy and agricultural products, EFK has found a viable and scalable solution using the croton nut, an indigenous East African nut, that has no other commercial, productive or edible use.
About the role: EFK is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager who will be based in Nanyuki. The candidate will be responsible for all logistical operations of croton nuts from the farmers to the factory while assuring quality. Prospective candidates must be self-motivated, have a desire to achieve results and learn-by-doing.
- Assist the company Directors and outside consultants they work with to implement supply chain management strategies that increase the efficiency and quality of nut collection within the company’s network of almost 10,000 suppliers across the country.
- Pro-actively implement new and recommend changes to existing processes, changes to improve results and expand the company’s reach over time.
- Implement QA systems at the farmer level to ensure only high-quality raw materials are being delivered to the company, including certifications focused on traceability
- Coordinating transportation of croton nuts from farms to collection centers to the factory
- Lead field missions with company stakeholders, including suppliers of croton nuts and landowners where future trees are/will be planted.
- Implement programs to sign up new farmers by performing research on new areas for croton collections with the supply chain team.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Assist the Director of Research in various supply and tree-based research projects that come up from time to time to support grant funding of the business and development of agroforestry systems.
- Manage a growing team of 5-10 people within your first year of hire to facilitate the successful completion of the above responsibilities.
Does this sound like you?
- Preferred candidate should have experience or passion for agriculture, agroforestry or farmer development programs
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in working with smallholder farmer supply chains in rural areas; strong preference to candidates with certification experience (organic, ISO, fair trade, etc)
- Diploma or Degree in a Supply Chain or related course.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be a responsible driver. (To be tested before hiring)
- Strong with numbers and use of spreadsheets and/or cloud-based software systems.
Candidate should plan to spend about 50% of their time, based in Nanyuki with the management team and 50% of the time traveling in Mt. Kenya, Naivasha and Nakuru regions setting up and organizing farmer collection points
Please follow this link to apply: https://goo.gl/Tdp4hJ