The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
Editor – The Catholic Mirror
Purpose of the Post: The position is based in Nairobi. Reporting to the National Executive Secretary Social Communication. The Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the newspaper, determining the editorial content according to policy and leading the Newspaper team to ensure they meet the key objectives of the paper in terms of output, readership and revenue generation.
- Plan the content of publications in accordance with laid-down guidelines and policies to determine the publications content.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Follow up all editorial timelines to ensure that deadlines are met and verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Write brief article summaries to aid the reporters in the selection of monthly ‘Top Stories’, ensuring applicability to the reading public.
- Develop feedback mechanisms that will invite contribution from the reading public
- Receive all submission of news articles, features, photographs and any other content gathered by the support staff for editing and approval.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- A bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism from a recognized university. A post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage. Over three years’ experience in a busy media organization, most preferably in a management role at a newspaper or magazine.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities.
- Must have a very clear idea of the Catholic Social Teachings
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities listed above.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US ON OR before 13th July 2018