Job Title: Engine Room Operator
Scope of Operation: Fridge Plant, CO2 Recovery Plant & Air Compressors
The candidate should be ready to work in part of the Country preferably Kisumu
- Administrative Functions
- Responsible for all Health and Safety activities in the Fridge, CO2 Recovery and Air Compressor Plants.
- Raising Safety Information Record Cards to promote safe working environment
- Technical Functions
- Safe operation of all equipment in the Fridge Plant, Chilled Water Plant, Air Compressors and CO2 Recovery Plant, in accordance with the laid down Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Carry out autonomous maintenance tasks i.e. Cleaning, Inspection, Lubrication and Tightening in the above mentioned plants and report through the SAP notification process.
- Perform Short interval Controls (SICs) checks on equipment in the mentioned plants and record the findings accordingly.
- Carry out scheduled preventive maintenance activities at the defined frequencies in Fridge Plant, Chilled Water Plant, Air Compressor and CO2 Recovery Plant.
- Track CO2 stokes and Quality, and escalate any foreseeable risks in advance so as to get Senior Leadership Support and Mitigation Plans.
- Apply various problem solving techniques e.g. 5 Why, Fishbone to resolve breakdown and prevent re-occurrence of the same.
- Follow the defined Escalation Matrix to report any plant breakdowns and issues that may pause a risk to Production Plan and Healthy running of the equipment.
- Strict adherence to Good Operating Practices (GOPs) and relevant Management standards e.g. Quality Management Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Standards, Environmental and Food Safety Standards
- Write handover reports at the end of the shift and conduct a proper handover to the incoming team.
- Attend and positively contribute in all shift handover and Tier 1 meetings and observe timely closure of all actions.
- Continuous Improvement
- Take part in ‘Improve the Business’ Projects that are aimed at optimizing processes, eliminating wastages and reducing costs.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in processes and communicating the same to Utility Engineer for consideration and Implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Mechanical / Plant Engineering/ Electrical
- Not less than 4 years’ experience in a busy production or maintenance environment with specific responsibility for Health and Safety
- Well-developed team working skills
- Physically fit
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to coach and transfer knowledge to other team members.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 28th June 2018 email@example.com .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.