Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer and distributor.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position;
The General Manager will be responsible for providing effective strategic leadership and direction to the management team with a view to effectively realizing the mandate of the organization.
Strategic Business Leadership:
- Providing leadership and vision to the organization through the development of long term and annual plans
- Overseeing the formulation and evaluation of the long range and annual business plans to ensure they are effective in enabling the organization achieve its business objectives.
- Providing mentorship, coaching and strategic guidance to members of the Key Management Team
- Advising the Board on various matters affecting the organization and proposing solutions
- Engaging in activities that strengthen ties and contact with existing and future stakeholders and potential business leads
- Providing strategic guidance in the sourcing, negotiating and structuring of new deals
- Approving new deals proposed by the Business Development Team
- Propose the development of new services/products or the improvement of the existing ones in relation with market and results analysis
Human Resource Management:
- Ensuring that the organizational structure and culture promotes achievement of the mission
- Maintaining a conducive work environment, suitable for attracting, developing and retaining a dynamic and competent workforce
- Optimizing returns to shareholders through operational growth and effective capital management
- Undertaking regular and appropriate Financial/Investment management and reporting to the board of directors on the performance of the Company
Financial and Business Health:
- Overseeing preparations and approval of budgets
- Ensuring the business meets the set profitability and growth targets
- To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the Company’s mandate and strategic objectives
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years’ experience at executive management level within the FMCG industry in a large and complex organization;
- Good financial management and reporting experience;
- Demonstrated record of revenue and profit growth and new business development experience;
- Strong commercial attitude with the ability to think strategically
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven capability to provide useful insights and pragmatic solutions to business challenges
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th June 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “GENERAL MANAGER”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.