Hasbah Kenya Limited one of the leading FMCG distributor in Kenya, are seeking to recruit highly ambitious candidates to fill in the following position in Kenya:
Trade Marketing Manager
Responsible for the development of Brand business plans and providing Sales Team / customer perspective in the development of Brand Action plan, ongoing Brand strategic and tactical choices and provides Sales Team perspective to other Brand functions.
The Trade Marketing Manager reports to the National Sales Manager.
The position is in Nairobi
Strategy Development and Deployment:
- Connection between vendor categories to Sales Team – Trade Marketing role.
- Contribute to the category Business plan.
- Ensure alignment between Sales Team and Category team action plans.
- Ensure the deployment of the Category strategies / plans to the field Sales teams.
- Incorporate learning from vendor while developing plans which cater to business strategies and market requirements.
- Deliver motivational presentation to KAMs and be support to KAMs while selling plans to trade.
Business Plans Development and Deployment:
- Based on local analysis / research / data, develop category analysis (vision, key business drivers, SBD, Distribution target per channel / account, Plano-grams, concept sells) to equip Sales teams with the right info and tools to work effectively with the customers.
- Develop in-store materials (POSM) and plans aiming for a clear in-store persuasion.
- Develop together with the KAMs, the right and complete plans to achieve sales fundamentals and volume objectives by category / brand.
- Develop the plans and concept sells to ensure the success of new initiatives. Take relevant input from vendor to develop a roll out plan.
- Conduct gap analysis by identifying opportunities in Sales fundamentals and develop plans to minimize the gaps.
- Work with KAMs, National Sales Manager and Area Sales Managers to implement in-store promotional plans in the trade.
- Contribute to the forecasting process, responsible for the brands forecast / targets.
- Monitor the category business plan vs. objectives and lead business plan interventions as necessary to deliver the objective.
- Follow-up on the results (especially for initiatives) and place corrective actions, if needed.
Competitive Analysis and Information:
- Analyze and have a clear picture of competitive information.
- Lead the development of plans or concept sell needed to maintain brand competitive edge.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in Business, Sales & Marketing
- Minimum of 5 -10 years’ experience in the Trade Marketing environment preferably from the FMCG industry.
- A clear understanding and working knowledge of the Channel of the FMCG environment including Trade Marketing environment in which the above will have to be implemented and executed
- Must have a valid driving licence
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Deadline driven and ability to plan.
- High level of pressure tolerance and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent time management and a high level of follow through.
- Ability to work independently however must also be a team player
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 30th June 2018 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
This recruitment is open until suitable candidates are identified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.