Our client is a care facility in the outskirts of Nairobi.
They seek to hire a Head Nurse who will take charge of the overall day to day operations of the Care Facility.
S/he will be responsible for managing, supervising and assisting the nursing staff, as well as providing administrative support and patient care.
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Location: Athi River
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assessing the resident’s physical status when s/he is admitted, as well as during severe changes in health and also annually.
- Establish a care plan using the information that was gathered on the resident during the assessment process.
- Share the care plan with the resident and members of the staff and oversee its implementation while noting anything that strays from the plan.
- Manage the resident’s medication, making sure to test their ability to manage their own medication administration and storage.
- Create and oversee programs (including immunization requirements and plans for combating infectious diseases like tuberculosis) that promote health and prevent diseases for residents.
- To work in collaboration with and arrange for visits by General Practitioners, physicians and other specialists as the case may be to provide medical services to the residents.
- Create and oversee a philosophy of care that includes exercise plans at the assisted living facility.
- Create and oversee rules for resident capacity and end-of-life care preferences.
- Be accountable for care practices when it comes to him/her and the staff.
- Ensure care practices have each resident’s best interests in mind.
- Schedule nurses’ shifts.
- Develop and enforce policies aiming at legal compliance and high quality standards.
- Provide reports on productivity, quality and customer service metrics.
- Control budgets and monitor expenditures at the Assisted Care facility
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed.
- Evaluate nurses’ performance
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/ Higher Diploma in nursing from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 7-10 years’ work experience as a head nurse preferably in a similar setup.
- In-depth knowledge of patient care and medical facilities procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare particularly in Assisted Living Care facilities.
- Great communication and people skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable leadership, management and communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head Nurse – Assisted Living Care Facility) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, 19th June 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.