Job Vacancy: Head of Leasing – Banking
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Introduction: Our Client, a Tier 3 Bank seeks to recruit a Head of Leasing who will be responsible for driving business growth and financial performance of the leasing subsidiary.
He/ She will have a visionary, Innovative, growth oriented mindset and an in-depth understanding and track record of growing financial services and related businesses organically.
The position reports to the Deputy CEO
Job Functions: Finance
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Achieve the highest standard of customer acquisition and retention together with operational & delivery excellence
- Drive growth, profitability and establishing a record of solid financial results exceeding set targets
- Identify and build the necessary core internal capabilities to deliver Leasing Products to its chosen segments
- Grow a quality lease book with favourable returns to the shareholders
- Implement the Company’s strategic plan, budget and initiatives aimed at delivering strong results and sustainable growth
- Penetrate the defined market segments through articulation of customer needs and build a portfolio of products with appropriate pricing that are innovative and profitable together with the internal capabilities to deliver the same
- Build on the developed core competencies, and sales and service delivery infrastructures in order to optimize success of leasing business for the group.
- Sustain and develop key partnerships with various stakeholders who include customers, regulators, funders, shareholders and related Group Companies
- Implement and improve processes and procedures that ensure on-going compliance with requirements of relevant risk management systems and policies for Leasing
- Implement and improve market information system to support the development and positioning of the Bank’s Leasing products and solution offers
- Develop and retain a high-performance team
- Effective management of costs including Credit and Operational related
Decision Making Authority / Mandates / Constraints:
What decision/s is the position holder empowered to make based on the key result areas of the position?
- Products and solution offers, and respective pricing strategies for Leasing line of business.
- Recommendation of prudent authorization levels for leasing line of business.
- Discretionary negotiation terms & conditions
Relationship Management: Indicate the departments/organizations/companies etc. that the position holder will need to relate/liaise with as part of this role:
Internal: Business Units
External: Vehicle &Equipment dealers, Insurance Companies, Funders
- A minimum 10 years in the financial services industry, in banking, leasing and /or with an Movable Asset Vendor at a senior level; experience in Asset Finance will be an added advantage
- Strong accounting, analytical and relationship management skills
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or related degree
- A Master’s Degree and/or professional qualification in Business, Finance, Accounting, Banking or Law will be an advantage
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Head of Leasing-Banking on the Subject line