Heritage Insurance Company Ltd
Job Title: Executive Officer – Legal
Reports To: Manager – Legal
About Heritage: We are a leading Insurance Company, affiliated to Liberty Group, a wealth management company represented in 18 African countries. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom. We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes.
Job Summary: The main purpose of the job is to negotiate claims and support in legal suits and defenses.
- Facilitate recovery from third parties and/or their insurers.
- Provide instructions to service providers after receiving approval from Manager in charge of the section.
- Review service providers’ performance to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements
- Review files and advice on reserves, liability, quantum and time bar cases
- Negotiate claims internally out of court and attend court to testify when required.
- Support in handling legal matters including training of staff and advising the company on latest legal developments.
- Attend to walk-in clients
- Handle general correspondence
- Follow up and/or maintenance of legal diary
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Previous experience in the insurance sector will be an added advantage
- Communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
If you meet the above requirements you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to email@example.com by 24th June, 2018.
Clearly state the job title on the subject heading.
Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.