Our client is in the hospitality business with four (4) hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office.
The position will be responsible for ensuring effective front office operations in line with the company standards
- To ensure knowledge of special promotions offered by the hotel and to passing this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises.
- Promoting the other departments within the hotel at every given opportunity in order to maximize hotel sales.
- Ensuring that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
- Ensuring that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
- Being aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximise room sales is taken.
- Offering assistance to other departments, including Bar, Restaurant, Spa and Housekeeping as necessary
- Anticipating to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensuring that all charges are correctly posted to the guests’ bills following the standard procedures.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
- Carrying out all Reception duties following procedures as outlined in the S.O.P. Manual.
- Ensuring the security of guests’ property, and lost property following security procedures.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or a Certificate in Hotel and Institutional Housekeeping and Laundry
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- MS Office Computer Skills
- Work planning and organization skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Monday 8th July, 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “RECEPTIONIST”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.