Our client is a boutique hotel based in Nairobi.
We’re looking for a can-do-it Sales Account Manager who has energy and desire to step out and do great work marketing the hotel services and facilities to the corporate clients.
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: General Managers, Acting Group Sales Manager, CEO
Positions Supervised: Sales and Marketing coordinator, sales interns
Key Relationships: All hotel departments
Salary: Ksh 40,000 – 50,000 plus handsome performance based commissions
Job Scope: As a corporate sales account manager you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. Also develops strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicits business for all the hotels from corporate clients
- Follows up on solicitations calls through personal calls, either at the client’s office or at the hotel (minimum 30 business calls per week).
- Participates in sales blitz and sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Writes reports on sales calls made and follow-up activities and submits to Assistant Group Sales Manager weekly and copies to general managers of the hotels
- Attends weekly sales meetings
- Participates in training sessions both internal and those sponsored by the hotel or by various industries related groups and associations.
- Able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and determine action plans to meet those goals.
- Clear understanding of your sales targets and working towards achieving the targets
- Update action plans and financial objectives monthly
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Represent the hotels in various events, trade shows and exhibitions.
- Visiting clients regularly and organizing cocktails events for them.
- Doing competition comparison for other hotels
- Preparing contract rates, quotations and proforma invoices on time for the clients and filing them.
- Implements all sales action plans related to your market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Familiarizing yourselves with sales and marketing department Standard Operating Procedures
- When possible, brings clients to the hotel to provide promotional materials and a tour of the hotel’s facilities.
- Maintaining information on files for groups which have used the hotel in the past, and on groups which might be expected to use the hotel in the future.
- Maintaining a robust database for your clients
- Any other duties as assigned by your managers
Key Performance Measures
Measurable – Direct
- Account productivity
- Attendance & Punctuality
- Keeping to deadlines
- Man-days of training conducted
- Man-days of training attended
- Hotel promotions / events assisted with F&B Dept.
- Maintenance of database
- Customer satisfaction index, as measured through guest comment cards
- Response on sales leads / generation of sales leads
- Activity – Sales calls / Sales leads / entertainment / Prospects converted
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality related discipline
- Sales & Marketing Degree/diploma an added advantage
- At least 2 years consistent experience in direct sales
- Experience doing direct marketing for hospitality industry a definite plus.
This is target driven, fast performance and demanding role and requires an agile person, driven by ambition to achieve greatness.
If you meet the criteria listed above, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your updated CV should reach us not later than 5th July, 2018.