Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Career Opportunity: Head of Internal Audit and Risk
Job Ref: EHC/1099/18
Our Client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) which was established in 1978 is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya.
ICPAK draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 and has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee of the Council of ICPAK and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Manager Internal Audit and Risk is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, governance and compliance related audit / reviews of the Institute.
A secondary role is to provide advice on internal controls to the management of the Institute, including responding to questions on risk management techniques.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the development of the annual audit plan in line with Institute’s requirements
- Coordinating and liaising with external auditors of the Institute to ensure external audits and financial reporting processes are carried out in the prescribed manner
- Coordinating the external audit and ensuring the implementation of the recommended actions
- Communicating the results of audit findings including approved Annual Reports and Financial Statements to the Council
- Coordinating the implementation of the Internal Control Framework so as to streamline Internal Control and Risk Management framework in regard to the Institute’s operations processes and investment programmes
- Undertaking Enterprise Risk Management Programmes at the Institute, monitor and report on the total level of risk exposure
- Reviewing the internal control framework and consistently ensuring its compliance
- Documenting audit processes and procedures, identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence
- Establishing risk-based plans to determine the priorities of the internal audit function.
- Conducting appropriate (governance and performance) assessment exercises so as to streamline the Institute’s performance and governance processes
- Facilitating the Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee in reviewing the effectiveness of ICPAK’s processes of Corporate Governance and to enable the Institute to implement best practice
- Performing reviews of information systems installation and services to determine the adequacy of logical and physical security controls, operational change control, back up and disaster continuity management
- Coordinate regular audits of the various departments and activities to evaluate adequacy of compliance with and effectiveness of existing systems and report audit findings in an objective accurate manner
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (Accounting/Finance) or related from a recognised institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing
- Masters degree in a relevant field
- CISA certification will be an added advantage
- 8 years working experience with 5 years’ experience in Senior management in an Auditing role
- Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Ability to act as a team player, collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently.
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal attributes
- Effective organizational skills
- Decision making skills
- Leadership skills and ability to build trustful relations
- Ability to collaborate and support others across the Institute
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills in developing Board papers
- Excellent understanding of International Standards on Auditing
- Keep abreast with the recent trends in audit field both nationally and internationally
- Results oriented, meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands
- Be consistent and fair
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday 13th July 2018.
For further information and full JDs, visit: www.eaglehr.co.ke and www.icpak.com
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.