Job Vacancy: Inventory Officer
Who we are: Soko’s mission is to transform ethical fashion from a niche player in the global fashion industry to a meaningful and competitive sourcing and purchasing option for global brands and individual consumers alike.
Soko’s unique model is doing just this by pioneering what we like to call Ethical Fast Fashion – providing close to the real-time trend responsive product that is both prices sensitive and socially and ethically handcrafted by marginalized creatives living and working in the developing world.
Our modern, fashion-forward products, handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials, have become a favorite of more than 300 international retailers ranging from Nordstrom, The Reformation, Amazon, QVC and Anthropologie, and endorsed for social impact by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank. Our supply chain innovations have enabled us to match marginalized developing world artisan production with real-time global demand for Soko’s designs
The Position: The role is responsible for performing general stores function, receiving and issuing products, maintaining records of stock levels in inventory. The officer will be tasked with management of finished goods, raw goods at inventory and ensuring accuracy and completeness at all times in line with the company policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verification of deliveries through ensuring the correct products, quality & quantity match as per delivery documentation
- Pull products against sales orders and issue products in current system based on request specifications.
- Verify inventory levels & keep records to prevent inventory gaps by undertaking regular stock takes.
- Maintain inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipated needed supplies and expediting orders.
- Ensure proper control of stock in & out of the inventory
- Generate reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received on a daily basis.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Monitoring the quantities available on stock with a clear picture of the products delivered (to whom and when).
- Reconcile stock levels per bin cards against the system balance and physical count
- Ensuring movement of all products is correctly and properly documented
- Sort and place products or material according to assigned inventory location
- Perform inventory audits as required
- Responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories e.g pulling stock from another sales order.
- Timely communication with other team members for smooth flow of processes
- Keep inventory under safe storage – secure from pilferage, contamination and deterioration.
- Ensure a clean and tidy warehouse at all times
- Perform any other duties assigned by Inventory Manager.
- Degree or Diploma in logistics, purchasing and supplies or procurement. Computer literacy.
- 1 year experience as a store keeper
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize daily work as assigned by the manager, including tracking and maintaining inventory, and properly completing required audit functions.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is an added advantage
How to Apply
Email your CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 13th June 2018.
Please include a cover letter in the body of the email and also include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Please note applications will be screened as they come in.