Our client is a leading investment company and deals with real estate development, trading in equity and money markets.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Debt Collection Officer
The Debt Collection Officer will be responsible for coordinating and assisting in the collection and recovery of all debts.
The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining a complete debt collection portfolio.
- Analyzing outstanding debts based on the aging reports and documentation provided.
- Following up on bad debts through file reviews and discussions with debtors on repayment plans
- Implementing and interpreting the approved organisation’s human resource and administrative policies, procedures and standards
- Locating and establishing contact with debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Listing of all debtors with the appointed credit reference bureau
- Liaising with the various departments and appointed service providers in debt collection
- Advising management on development and review of the credit policy depending on the changes in the market
- Advising management on appointment of various service providers: investigators, auctioneers and credit reference bureau.
- Co-ordinating repossession and disposal of debtors’ assets to recover debt as per the organizations’ credit policy and relevant laws.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information on debt collections and recoveries
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Finance or Accounting or any other related field
- Must have satisfactorily served in a Credit/loans department or debt collection in a financial institution or debt collection firm.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience is required
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Proven problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 14th June 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “Debt Collection Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.