Our Client, a leading startup and Business accelerator seeks to recruit an Investor Relations Lead.
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
He/she will be responsible for identifying, building and nurturing relations with local and international investors from angel investors to VC funds aimed at connecting the ventures they work with to the right, matching investors.
They will also guide and support the team of growth facilitating Growth Catalysts connect the ventures they work with to the investors that matches their profile and funding needs. The Growth Catalysts together with the team of Financial Modellers are working on making the ventures investment ready.
Furthermore you will from proactive dialogue with investors collect input and insights on how we continuously can improve our communication towards investors, as well as optimize the investor targeted materials and documentation we developed with our ventures. This will include supporting our communications team in their effort to position and communicate to investors.
Lastly you will be in charge of collecting data, information and feedback from investors including but not limited to feedback from investors on the general state of our ventures; what they miss in their eyes; and how effective the support from the Growth Catalysts is (or not) in respect to the investment process. This area would also include building and maintaining an investor database
Job Functions: Finance, Investments
Industries: Financial Services
- Identify, engage, build and manage investor relations
- Support and where required build capacity the internal team
- Assist in developing investment readiness among the ventures we work with
- Collect data and insights from investors aimed at improving our service and offering
- Provide input and feedback to our communications team on how we can improve our investor communication, investee communication and materials (deal briefs, pitch decks etc.)
- Establish and maintain an investor database
- Coordinate the matchmaking of ventures with investors
- Take lead on the investment process (introduction, due diligence process, negotiation/deal closure, capital deployment/post-investment support)while working with the Growth Catalysts
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, hereof at least 3 in working with investor relations, e.g. as investment principal, -associate or -analyst
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conceptualize and concretize ideas and hypotheses
- A people person – you love interacting with new people and guiding them on a journey
- A natural relationships builder who doesn’t shy away from initiating conversations
- You are curious and naturally driven to learn new things
- Natural problem-solver: You have proven and documented results with minimal supervision
- Focused on professional and personal development and achievement instead of titles
- While you can achieve a lot alone, you proactively contribute with your strength to the team as well as continuously seek for synergies
- You are not shy to approach investment executives to support our activities; nor to critique entrepreneurs even when they disagree
- You are inspired by entrepreneurship, harbour startup ambitions or have run a business venture before
- Keeps oneself up to date and tuned into business, socio-economics and politics in the region
- You have an MBA/EMBA or an undergraduate degree in business, finance or law with post-graduate courses
- Past experience across different sectors is an added advantage
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Investor Relations Lead on the Subject line