Job Vacancy: Chief of Party
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national and county governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
Jhpiego is a key partner in the USAID-funded contract: President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) IMPACT Malaria project contributing to Kenya Malaria Strategy 2009 — 2018 (revised 2014).
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall leadership, technical oversight, implementation, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of IMPACT Malaria. The project will operate over a five year period.
We are seeking an experienced individual who has excellent organizational and technical skills, a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi—tasking abilities.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to develop the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, ¡n close collaboration with Government of Kenya, donor and other key stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and compliance to the requirements and regulations of the IMPACT Malaria award
- Provide overall oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular communication with the core team, implementing partners, and government entities
- Ensure that program is technically sound, scientific evidence—based and responsive to the needs of Kenya, its people and donors
- Collaborate with National Malaria Control Program and other central and county governments’ units and staff to strengthen quality improvement and supervision systems for malaria interventions
- Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies and regulations
- Lead in the development of project work plan, budget and ensure performance indicators and targets are met within set deadlines
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of donor resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with donor standards
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff.
- Advanced clinical degree, or a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree.
- At least 10 years of technical experience as senior staff in managing or implementing health projects
- At least seven years leadership and management experience in project of similar scope, and preferably a USAID contract in Africa
- Experience and technical knowledge in malaria and/or infectious disease programming
- Ability to interact with a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English; fluency in Kiswahili also preferred
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.email@example.com by 22nd June 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Chief of Party
Health and Medical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Vacancy: Chief of Party
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national and county governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.