Job Vacancy: School Bursar
About Kalimoni School: Our school is situated at Juja along Nairobi-Thika Highway. It is a quiet and secure environment conducive for serious academic performance.
The school offers highly impressive academic standards to facilitate teacher-student consultations at all times. Majority of KCSE candidates qualify for university admission. We offer 8-4-4 curriculum as well as London GCE curriculum.
We have expansive school compound comprising of a well-developed school farm and adequate playing fields for co-curriculum activities.
School Bursar Responsibilities
- Overseeing day-to-day cash management
- Managing accounts payable and receivable
- Keeping organized books of tuition fees and files of receipts
- We are looking for a Bursar to oversee the day-to-day operation of our financial services, like collecting tuition fees and managing account receivable/payable.
- Your main responsibilities include management of our budget, procurement and payment of supplies and setup of our financial procedures. You will also undertake general and financial administrative tasks (e.g. managing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with the law and contacting local authorities.)
- To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner, under minimum supervision.
- Ultimately, you should ensure the smooth financial and operational management of our school, in compliance with regulations.
- Over 2 years’ experience in accounts department or as a Bursar
- BS degree in Accounting, Business Management, Cooperative Management or related study
- CPA Professional qualifications
- Computer literacy
- Strong financial management skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- Solid time management skills with an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical skills and experience creating reports and presentations
Please send your up-to-date CV together with supportive documents to: email@example.com so as to be received on or before 30th June 2018.
Hard copy applications should be sent to:
The School Principal,
Kalimoni Senior Academy
P.O. Box 67072 – 00100, Nairobi
Only qualified successful candidates will be called for interviews.
Please DO NOT FOLLOW UP on the status of your application.