Our client, Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
To strengthen the team, KFS is seeking to engage dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals from the East Africa region for the positions of Senior Procurement Officer.
Reporting to the Principal Procurement officer, the Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for directing and coordinating all procurement, stores and
disposal activities in the Company in liaison with Head of Procurement.
- Consolidate requirements and needs from all user departments/sections, and advise users on development of specifications;
- Assist in preparation and float tenders in liaison with the Procurement and Supplies Manager and drafting of awarded contracts;
- Monitor compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and regulations during evaluation of tenders;
- Review and approve floating and processing of quotations;
- Advice on safe and proper storage of stock and maintenance of stock levels and records; and
- Coordinate disposal activities for stores and equipment.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Is a holder of Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Business, Social Sciences, and Humanities and Arts or equivalent in a related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Has not less than (six) 6 years’ working experience with at least three (3) years served as Procurement and Supplies Officer or similar role;
- Experience in marine transport industry is an added advantage.
- A Post Graduate qualification in Procurement, Purchasing and Supplies and/or Supply Chain Management;
- Hold valid membership to Kenya Institute of Supply Chain Management (KISCM), be in good standing, and have valid practicing certificate, as stipulated in the Supplies Practitioners Management Act 2007; and
Satisfy requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Candidates who previously applied for this position can re-apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV stating, your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, on or before Tuesday 17 July 2018 to email@example.com
Only email applications will be accepted.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
All appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2018 Deloitte Consulting Limited