Our client a leading logistics company is seeking to recruit a qualified individual for the position of Credit Controller.
- Prepare weekly and monthly collection forecasts
- Sending Statements on daily to the management
- Follow up collections as they fall due
- Allocations and clean-up of the current debtors list
- Sorting reconciling items and action taken
- Ensuring interface done on day to day
- Visiting the clients to follow up and get payments
- Communicate the way forward on the outstanding debts and aging debtor’s listings periodically
- Reduce credit days from 75 to 45 days or less.
- Receive all cash and cheques for payment from clients and ensure they are banked.
- Regularly review the company debt recovery policy and procedure and make recommendations through the Chief Finance Officer.
- Send out client statements as requested
- Determine the credit worth of a client and communicate the credit days to the Sales team.
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company’s policies and regulations
- Propose write off of irrecoverable receivables
Supervising and overall management of billing office
- Ensuring the billing staff are meeting daily/monthly targets
- Ensuring all cleared shipments files are received for billing
- Approve all outgoing Invoices for billing
- Coordinating reports from and to Management
- Provide accurate advice to billing enquiries
Debtors A/c/Imprest Accounts
- Ensure the reconciliations are done on time
- Prepare and send reports to management
Accurate & timely balance sheet schedules
- Send all the schedules promptly to the Chief Finance Officer
Any other duty assigned
- Assist in budget preparation and allocation of available funds
- Monitor all company bank accounts
- Leadership and Mentorship
- Supervise the team
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option)
- CPA (K)- COMPLETED and/or Kenya School of Credit Management Certification
- At least 4 years’ experience in accounting and credit management (experience in a logistics company will be added advantage).
If you qualify for the above, kindly send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th June 2018.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.