Call for Primary School Content Developers & Editors!
M-Shule is an SMS learning platform for primary school students. We use SMS and artificial intelligence to deliver personalized revisions and increase students’ performance in Maths, English, and 21st Century Skills.
M-Shule seeks contract Content Developers to create written content for our SMS learning platform. We are also looking for contract Content Editors to review and edit content for our SMS learning platform.
Both Developers and Editors should have expert experience in the Kenyan primary school curriculum, especially focusing on English and Maths in Classes 4-8.
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Experienced in delivering the national curriculum to Class 4 to Class 8. P1 trained teachers.
- Experienced in creating class-appropriate WRITTEN instructional materials – including exams, schemes of work, lesson plans, worksheets, textbooks, etc.
- Well-versed in researching across a variety of resources – from textbooks to online tools – to help students gain topic mastery
- Experts in Maths and/or English primary instruction.
- Extremely detail-oriented. Never submits work with typos or grammatical errors, and always follows instructions exactly.
- Excellent in time management and communication skills. Able to work independently or in teams to deliver quality work on time, every time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have their own laptop or computer.
- Editors: Must have all of the above plus experience reviewing WRITTEN learning content for appropriateness, accuracy, and small to big errors.
- Preferred: ADDITIONAL expertise in teaching other class subjects (such as Science, Kiswahili) OR other competencies (health and hygiene, student leadership, financial and digital literacy, etc.)
- Preferred: Located in Nairobi.
- Develop subject- and class-appropriate content to be delivered via SMS to primary school students at home, in line with the national curriculum.
- Use background knowledge and research to create content in accordance with the submission, style, and learning guidelines.
- Work with content editors and content team to ensure content and edits are delivered on time and at top quality.
- Review and edit developed content to ensure subject- and class-appropriateness, as well as content or style errors.
- Work with content developers and content team to ensure content and edits are delivered on time and at top quality.
- Both are contract roles. Duration and scope of the contract will be determined based on experience and performance. This has the potential to be a long-term engagement.
- Compensation will be determined based on role and experience.
Applicants should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June 2018.
The subject of the email should read “[Name of Candidate] – Application for [Select Developer or Editor] – [Subject of Interest]”.
The application should include:
- Cover letter: The cover letter should include a description of your experience, your main subjects of expertise (particularly in Maths or English), your preferred learning resource tools, and why you think you will succeed in this type of contract.
- Work sample: Please provide at least two samples of past written learning materials you have created.
About M-Shule Mobile Education: M-Shule is the first adaptive, mobile learning platform in Africa to connect primary school students with personalized education even through SMS. Meaning “mobile school” in Swahili, M-Shule’s platform uses artificial intelligence to deliver personalized learning support in Math and English over SMS and chatbots, building students’ concept mastery, exam performance, and confidence. Find out more on our website, Facebook, or Twitter.