Minet is a trusted Pan-African Corporate that meets clients’ uncertainties of tomorrow by delivering risk and human capital solutions.
As the largest Aon Global Network Correspondent, Minet has access to over 50,000 network colleagues in 120 countries, proprietary data, research and analytics, which enable us to manage and secure the risks of tomorrow and give clients an unrivalled advantage.
Minet Kenya is looking to fill the vacancy of a Finance Manager / Finance Associate General Manager.
This person will be responsible for providing effective and accurate financial management to the business.
He/she provides key financial information performance indicators as well as forward-looking business analysis to support the business in line with the long-term’s strategy and growth.
The position also promotes financial excellence in serving Minet by proactively engaging with Business Finance Corporate Control and Corporate Finance colleagues in seeking and providing guidance/advice on relevant matters.
1. Ensure Minet Financial Management both at the organisational & divisional level which includes:
- Managing and controlling the period’s financial results (process timelines content);
- Delivering best-in-class suites for financial reports to Minet;
- Managing the financial control and support of projects;
- Participating in monthly reviews with P&L and/or cost budget owners;
- Completing the monthly/quarterly forecast (at required level of granularity);
- Completing the budgeting process including the settlement of interlock reviews with relevant business owners and finance stakeholders;
- Providing input for the quarterly board fînancial reporting (where applicable);
- Playing an active role in the revenue and/or expense management activities by accountably signing-off the monthly revenue and expenses for the applicable business areas; and
- Supporting the monthly/quarterly standard financial process related to revenue and expenses in conjunction with Corporate and Regional finance functions (i.e. e-global accounting process).
2. Perform capital expenditure analysis and follow-up with the business owners throughout the organisation.
3. Confirm and validate the data integrity of the financial results by:
- Ensuring alignment between statutory reporting and management reporting results;
- Confirming compliance with 1ERS and accounting policies;
- Supporting the audit activity;
- Playing an active role in the balance sheet control activity;
- Controlling of the depreciation bookings;
- For centrally managed solution lines, be accountable for the preparation of business cases and validation of the financial profitability of the business cases to be presented; and
- Defining projects: managing and delivering improvement plans or special projects to increase the overall quality of the business finance function.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification
- Membership of a relevant Finance/Accounting accreditation body
- 7 to 10 years of business finance or controlling experience
- Management accounting & knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Financial and Budget Control experience
- Proficient knowledge of Financial Systems
- Quality Control skills & high quality results orientation
- Strong presentation & communication skills; both written and verbal
- Attention to detail & Analytically Savvy
- Financial Acumen & Planning
- Financial Systems & Processes
- Highly innovative & customer centric
- Adhering to principles & values
- Impact, influencial & great at teamwork
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to HRCINFO@Minet.co.ke by 16th June, 2018.
Please indicate the job title as the subject.