Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Interns
Location: Nutrition and Health Program Plus – Busia, Tharaka Nithi, Samburu, Kitui and Marsabit
Project Description: Nutrition and Health Program plus Kenya goal is to increase access and demand for nutrition services and improve food and nutrition security, as well as commodity management support.
At national level Nutrition and Health Program plus aims to expand Nutrition Assessment Counseling and Support (NACS) services beyond HIV, offering technical and financial support to roll-out NACS to include High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI).
To help achieve this, national and sub-national levels will be engaged to create a heightened profile for nutrition and strengthen budgeting, planning and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Nutrition and Health Program plus will provide commodity management support for vulnerable populations following PEPFAR Food and Nutrition guidance, and be expanded at national level to reach additional clients.
A critical element of this work will involve coordination with and strengthening of existing USAID/Kenya and East Africa efforts.
Job Summary: The monitoring and Evaluation Interns will work as apprentices. They will work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Agriculture Specialist, Nutrition Specialist, Sub/County Agriculture and Livestock Officers, Sub/County Nutrition Coordinator, implementing partners, Department of Education, and other NHPplus staff to provide technical support for community NACS and agri-nutrition activities designed to contribute towards reduction in stunting. The M&E Intern will provide support to Program M&E activities within the county/sub counties.
He/ She will support and learn all aspects of monitoring, evaluation and learning including but not limited to data collection, entry, management and analysis.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with data collection and analysis
- Enter data into project databases accurately, and according to a data calendar within deadlines
- Perform rigorous data cleaning and field-level error reconciliations (Data Quality checks), jointly with the program team to ensure that the data sitting in the program data base is of integrity
- Perform data quality checks on regular schedule and under the guidance of M&E Officers and the M&E Specialist
- Participate in data reviews at multiple levels (program, sub county and community)
- Conduct preliminary data analysis and presentation of descriptive statistics for sharing with the different audiences (both communities, facilities)
- Any other duties.
Minimum Requirements Standards:
- Diploma holders with 3 year field experience or University degree in Statistics, Computer Science, M&E, Public health or any other related course. Experience in data collection and management. Working knowledge of the statistical analysis soft wares (Epi info, SPSS, STATA etc.) is desirable
- Proven experience in the application of MS suite (word, excel, Access, & PowerPoint)
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, highly organized, self-motivated, rigorous, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and readiness to learn
- Field experience is essential as this position will be based in the five focus counties of Busia, Tharaka Nithi, Samburu, Kitui and Marsabit.
- (Ability to speak local language will be an added advantage).
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 25th June 2018.