National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Hardware Engineer
Job Ref No. HR/037/18
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Manager Networks and Infrastructure
Position Scope: The Job holder will be responsible for providing first level technical support to ensure availability, performance and capacity of all Banks’ hardware. The role will include research, testing and support of the computer hardware and other related equipment with regards to best practice and the Bank’s ICT guidelines.
- Perform first level support for all servers and computers, accessories, operating systems, office suites and critical bank applications.
- Resolve all problems logged promptly and appropriately and update help desk tickets in a timely fashion.
- Ensure readiness of ICT Infrastructure for new branches and new system implementations and integrations.
- Facilitate hardware repairs including acquisition of spare parts as may be required.
- Manage escalation of issues to service providers and achieve fast turn-around time of repair jobs.
- Participate in relevant end-user training for PC based facilities as may be required during roll-outs.
- Participate in regular reviews of end-user PC needs to help in meeting increasing demand, and providing input to budget requirements and reviews.
- Perform basic installations/upgrades of PC based hardware/accessories, operating systems and office productivity suite to meet user demands.
- Facilitate ICT hardware disposals from head-office and branches based on obsolete and/or un-repairable equipment
Skills & Experience:
- A University Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- At least three (3) year’s relevant IT working experience in a financial institution or related sector.
- Two (2) year’s experience in providing system support in a busy ICT enabled environment
- ITIL Certification, Oracle/MS SQL certification, Knowledge in Linus, AIX & Virtualization will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Banking policies and procedures.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Team player
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 26th June 2018.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.