DSW Youth Can Terms of Reference
Job Title: National Team Coordinator – Advocacy
Place of Work: Nairobi
Reporting to: National Department Manager – Programs and Projects
General Responsibilities: The National Team Coordinator – Advocacy will lead and oversee the implementation of advocacy strategies and projects at the Kenya Country Office: This includes providing oversight of all existing as well as designing new advocacy projects.
In addition, the National Team Coordinator-Advocacy will provide technical support to Advocacy Officers and to advocacy partners in order to strengthen their advocacy and project management skills.
Importantly, the NTC-Advocacy will ensure a smooth project management of advocacy projects. In this endeavor, he/ she will work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure that projects are implemented based on the project budgets.
The NTC-Advocacy is responsible for the timely submission of high standard project reports for submission to the Donor, and to DSW Regional Office and HO.
Under the direct supervision of National Department Manager-Programs and Projects, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties: –
- Lead and oversee the policy advocacy work of DSW Kenya Country office
- Lead and coordinate policy analysis and reviews to inform DSW Kenya policy advocacy agendas and actions
- Oversee project deliverables under the Strengthening Health through Advocacy and People’s Empowerment (SHAPE) project to ensure cost effectiveness, quality and timeliness of interventions for maximum impact.
- Prepare and implement a project monitoring plan in collaboration with the advocacy team.
- supervise the work of outside consultants and suppliers in advocacy projects
- Serve as the main point of communication for National Government, National Assembly, County governments County Assemblies, CSOs and project partners.
- Ensure proper management of project database, records, files
- Participate in internal and external technical reviews processes and meetings including proposals development processes when required
- In coordination with Department Manager / Country director and the DSW office in Brussels, advocate for DSW’s sectoral priorities towards key development partners, including the European Union Delegation
- Oversee all project activities and provide technical support and guidance required by staff and Partners;
- Design and support capacity building initiatives for CSO partners, youth groups and the project teams.
- Coordinate project reporting and ensure quality and timely submission of all donor reports.
- Budget management; including monitoring expenditure against approved budget
- Ensure effective people management for smooth/ efficient project performance and effective management of Advocacy team.
- Attend Technical Working Groups meetings relevant to line of work.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
Education/Experience Requirements A successful candidate must possess a minimum bachelor’s degree in, social sciences, development studies, management, public policy or related areas and must have at least 5 years’ professional experience in planning, managing and implementing advocacy projects.
He/she must have extensive experience in policy, promotional and advocacy work.
Experience with health-related advocacy and/or Family Planning related projects is desired.
Skills Excellent research and public-speaking skills, effective written and verbal communication skills; budgetary management skills; problem-solving, leadership, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills; and advanced knowledge in computer applications. He/she must have initiative and be able to work effectively under pressure independently and with a team.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “National Team Coordinator-Advocacy clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 13th July 2018
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.