The National Council for Population and Development is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the National Treasury and Ministry of Planning.
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Chief Public Relations Officer
Advert No. 08/2018
The job holder will report to the Director General.
The jobholder is responsible for
i. Provision of leadership in strategic communication for the creation of suitable environment for the attainment of NCPD mandate
ii. Provision of leadership in the development and implementation of NCPD Corporate Communication Policy and Strategies.
iii. Maintenance of continued vigilance over issues that may affect the image of the Council
iv. Advise the Council on strategies to create and maintain appropriate relations and protocols
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Overseeing the coordination and management of all the Public Relations functions of Council
2. Development of the Council Public Relations Work plan and budget;
3. Advise Council on appropriate strategies and standards for communicating with stakeholders
4. Advise Council on matters of creating and maintaining positive visibility
5. Maintain liaison with mass media on behalf of Council
6. Work with media outlets to publish timely Council information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials.
7. Direct implementation of social media strategies.
8. Oversee electronic and social media communication.
9. Oversee publishing of videos and photography on NCPD website and other avenues.
10. Organize for documenting NCPD events such conferences, and speaking engagements.
a) Direct information campaigns and marketing NCPD brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
b) Collaborate with technical divisions to develop advertising, marketing and promotion plans
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
For appointment to this post a candidate must at least;
i) Be a holder of Master’s degree in Public Relations, Communication or Management;
ii) Be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences;
iii) Be a Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya or any other relevant professional body.
iv) Have Seven (7) years of relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be at managerial level;
v) Be Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
vi) Candidates who have attended a Senior Management Course or its equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent will have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letter together with detailed CV indicating three (3) names of references, current position/grade and daytime telephone numbers, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card/Passport.
In addition, shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies: Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications should reach the undersigned NOT LATER than 6th July, 2018
The Director General
National Council for Population and Development
P. O. Box 48994-00100
Nairobi – Kenya
Hand – Delivered applications can be delivered to National Council for Population and Development head office situated at the Chancery Building, 4th floor, Valley Road.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NCPD is an equal opportunity employer; persons with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualification are encouraged to apply