Job Re- advertisement
Exciting Job Opportunity for a Head Teacher in a Nairobi Academy
Our client is a high end Academy in Kiambu but with a catchment area straddling Nairobi and Kiambu counties offers an integrated curriculum encompassing 8-4-4, IGCSE & Montessori systems.
The academy envisions creating a challenging and limitless learning environment.
The School is seeking a mature, self-driven, and quality focused Professional to fill the following position;
Job Title: School Head Teacher – Primary School
Industry Type: Education and Training
Functional Area: Administration and Academic Leadership
Number of positions: 1
Position Description: The School Head Teacher shall carry out day to day duties in running the academy and ensure all academic and non-academic activities including timetabling, class attendance, student registration, fees collection and student and staff welfare, record keeping are in order.
Reporting to the directors, He/She shall supervise the teachers and administration staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading marketing efforts to ensure student numbers are constantly growing;
- Articulate a compelling short- and long-term vision for the development of the school’s culture and student programs;
- Drive the development of an exceptional teaching team including through coaching of teachers through observation and feedback;
- Set and model a consistent tone of highest expectations, joy, and growth mindset among staff and students alike;
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with the educational authorities, other schools and other stakeholders to provide enriching academic and extracurricular
opportunity for students;
- Lead key school rituals as needed to model and ingrain an enviable culture;
- Quickly identify and respond to classroom/school culture or behavior issues;
- Partner with parents and other key community stakeholders to build the Schools’ brand;
- Plan and lead school staff meetings and follow through on key resolutions;
- Carry out internal and external communication with varied stakeholders;
- Oversee preparation of timetables, class schedules and room allocation for all classes;
- Managing student affairs and ensuring their welfare is taken care of;
- Preparing reports and submitting them to the directors for actioning;
- Managing the performance and appraisal for all staff under their supervision;
Education and Experience
- A Minimum higher Diploma in Education, a degree will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an a well performing educational institution;
- A mature person with a responsible disposition and approach to issues;
- Self-driven and able to work with minimum or no supervision at all;
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to motivate a diverse team;
- Proficient in MS computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Able to lead and motivate a growing and diverse team;
If you meet the said requirements for the above opening and are passionate enough to be part of a great dream, please send your application in confidence by email and attach your detailed latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Clearly state your current and expected salary in your application.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 15th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
‘Our client is an equal opportunity employer’