DSW Youth Can
Terms of Reference
Job Title: Project & Data Officer
Location: DSW Kenya Country Office
Reports to: International Project Manager
General Responsibilities: The Project & Data Officer will support project-related M&E, reporting and capacity-building towards increased resource allocation and better policies for family planning (FP), SRHR and youth empowerment.
The Project & Data Officer is responsible for ensuring quality in collection, cleaning and entry of project data into project databases as well as ensuring compliance in the use of relevant data tools.
The post holder will support DSW country office teams in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania through project monitoring and reporting (including but not limited to regular and annual written and data reports, outcome analysis, case studies etc.), community engagement/civic education as well as documentation of outcomes and impact stories. S/he will be a member of the DSW regional team in East Africa.
Specific Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the International Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support country M&E officers in regular collection and analysis of information and data in advocacy and capacity-building programming
- Identify and flag inconsistent data reported during project implementation and routine data quality audits
- Participate in identifying training needs and capacity building for project staff and partners.
- Provide support for data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use to the project staff
- Participate in routine data quality exercises with the International Project Coordinator
- Identify and immediately notify national M&E coordinators of any issues with incorrect, questionable data reported to the project.
- Participate with M&E Team to provide technical support to program staff in the area of M&E;
- Work closely with the project staff to document best practices and knowledge generation for shared learning.
- Ensure an online database is updated with the current data on a regular basis.
- Support the development of annual family planning budget and policy reviews, programme outcome and reports.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of project results and ongoing actions
- Prepare written narrative reports on project progress and achievements.
- Participate in the regional coordination of monthly and yearly reporting proceses for project monitoring and donor reporting.
- Support the planning, organisation and logistical preparations for events and workshops.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, social sciences or community development.
- Two years’ work experience in international development.
- Solid experience in data quality exercises, data entry and reporting.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel
- Training and capacity building skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and to proactively identify and address data issues.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your monthly remuneration expectations) with the reference “Project & Data Officer.
Clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 13th July 2018
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.