Job Vacancy: Project Site Engineer
Company Background: Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually. They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years.
Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued. The company operates regionally in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
Position Summary: In order to achieve the company’s mission, the Site Engineer will oversee the construction of new retail properties and renovations work of existing retail properties.
He/She ensures that that projects are completed in time, within budget and with high quality. The position will be based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, monitor and inspect all ongoing works on site.
- Counterchecking as built measurements of executed works before the contractor raises a valuation.
- Provide weekly site reports on all site matters including progress, safety concerns and cause for delay.
- Designing/preparation of property specific drawings
- Ensuring design, plan and flow is working for particular user/department especially Operations department.
- Ensuring that all projects operations are conducted within the approved OSHA standards.
- Responsible for the inspection of the workmanship regulations and practice of the contractors.
- Ensure that current drawings are available on site at all times.
- Act as the liaison between architect, Services Engineer and Contractor.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Follow up of project timelines
- Monitoring variations during construction period
- Thorough supervision of the quality of executed works
- Follow up of snags to their logical conclusion.
- Production of accurate records, drawing registers and weekly diaries
- Number of projects completed as per set timelines
- Number of projects completed within approved budget
- Number of branches completed before defects liability period.
- Timely sending of accurate site reports
Qualifications & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either Civil, Structural or Construction management
- Good computer literacy in Ms Excel, Ms Project, Ms Word, Archi-CAD, Auto CAD
- 2-3 years post qualification hands-on experience in supervision of construction works.
- An in-depth knowledge of building/construction methods and regulations.
- Awareness of health and safety management measures.
- Strong and sound work ethic, honesty and integrity
- Keen attention to detail
- Innovative and solution oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and production of quality work with minimum supervision.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to tackle a task logically, and perseverance to see projects through to completion
- Ability to address a wide spectrum of people, from unskilled to professional
How to Apply
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th July, 2018.