Our client is in the Real Estate business and seeks to recruit highly motivated Legal Officer.
Reports To: GM, Operations & Administration
Job Location: Head Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: 100K – 120k Gross
A. Position Summary: Our client is a leading real estate developer based in Nairobi. They seek to hire a Legal Officer to provide support to the Director of Legal and Investor Relations by participating in legal activities.
B. Legal Officer Job Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Supporting the Director of Legal in the provision of legal advice for the company.
- Drafting and verifying all agreements, contracts and leases involving company business and property.
- Assisting in the interpretation of legal documents, contracts and or agreements.
- Handling the technicalities of real property acquisitions, dispositions and financing.
- Making follow ups on all matters relating to conveyance and litigation of the organization.
- Watching for legal trends in the media and other outlets that indicate potential legal problems for the company
- Reviewing and making recommendations on new legislation, subsidiary legislation, rules and regulations.
- Reviewing supply agreements, sale and purchase agreements, and partnerships with other entities.
- Ensuring legal, statutory and contractual compliance for all the companies transactions.
- Preparing files and maintaining legal documents for the company as required.
- Carrying out legal research as required and registering legal documents with relevant registries.
- Undertaking due diligence searches on behalf of the company.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
C. Skills & Qualifications
- Must possess a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution.
- Must possess a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law.
- Experience in Conveyance is a MUST
- Must have at least four (5) years post qualification experience or served in the grade of Legal Officer, or in a relevant and comparable position.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Must be abreast with current information in the industry related
D. How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV ONLY quoting the job title on the email subject (Legal Officer – Real estate) to email@example.com