Job Vacancy: Research Study Coordinator
Objective of this Position: To coordinate research and clinical activities for an observational cohort study in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Oversee implementation of the study protocol, participant care and safety, and adherence to regulatory requirements as set by the Kenyan government and collaborating institutions.
- Participate in study design, data analysis, writing of manuscripts, and presentation of data at conferences.
- Supervise and lead the study clinic: Provide clinical care and manage and mentor clinical staff.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Nairobi and Seattle-based research sites.
- Monitor study progress in the form of weekly investigator calls and summaries.
- Participate in the development, piloting, and implementation of standard operating procedures, training materials, data collection forms, and data management systems.
- Train and manage clinical and research staff on human subjects protections, data and specimen collection procedures, data protection precautions, and any other study procedures.
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subject protection.
- Monitor, report and respond to adverse events related to study participation.
- Triage and respond to questions or issues raised by study staff, communicating concerns to the other team members or the PI as needed.
- Support the study data manager in quality assurance and control of raw data, including but not limited to protecting the confidentiality of participants’ information.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB.ChB) or equivalent from an accredited Kenyan or US institution.
- Master’s degree in Medicine (M.Med) or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of clinical experience with infants, children, and/or pregnant and postpartum women as a medical officer, clinical officer, and/or physician.
- At least 2 years of health-related research experience.
- Professional training in research management and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish both clinical care and research activities.
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with smart phone or tablet technology for data collection.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious.
- Responsive to communication with international team members.
How to Apply
Please send an email message to email@example.com with a cover letter and your CV or resume.
The application deadline is July 13, 2018 at 11:59pm.