The following vacancy has arisen at Sabatia Eye Hospital:
Job Title: Human Resource & Training Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Sabatia Eye Hospital, Vihiga County
Closing Date: 30th June, 2018
Primary Purpose of Position:
- Human Resource Officer
- Responsible for developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Planning, organizing and controlling all activities of the department. Participating in developing department goals, objectives and systems as well as maintaining organizational charts and employee directory.
- In line with the HR policies and procedures, implementing and annually updating the compensation program; rewriting job descriptions as necessary; conducting annual salary surveys and analysing compensation; monitoring the performance evaluation program and revising as necessary.
- Conducting recruitment efforts alongside the Line-Managers/CEO, to screen and interview candidates; conducting reference checking; extending the job offers; conducting the new-employee orientations; monitoring career-path program and employee relations counselling; conducting exit interviews.
- Establishing and maintaining department records and reports. Participating in administrative staff meetings and other meetings as required. Evaluating reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Recommending new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensuring the Hospital’s compliance with all the medical practitioners and dentist act as well as the labour laws.
- Handling grievance and disciplinary matters:
Secondary Purpose of Position
- Staff Training
- Identifying training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Translating requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next step of their career path
- Building annual training programs and preparing teaching plans
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behaviour
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development
- Student Training Program
- The HR &Training Officer has the overall responsibility for ensuring the structure and quality of the Ophthalmology Training Programs in line with the Hospital’s policies and the specific arrangements.
- He/she will be responsible for creating and supervising time-table effectiveness and compliance
- He/she will be responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, managing and reviewing work of trainers for compliance and consistency with established standards.
- He/she will be responsible for completing performance evaluations, making hiring decisions, and analysing the effectiveness of trainers, techniques, programs, and associated end-user outcomes and providing recommendations for improvement.
- He/she will be responsible for formulating/defining training system scope and objectives for applications and programs requiring building and development.
- He/she will be the liaison between Trainers and Trainees
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A higher Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- A practicing HR Certificate from IHRM
- At least 5 year working experience of which 2 years must be at a managerial advisory level.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the requirements, are requested to submit an application letter, a detailed curriculum vitae indicating expected remuneration, and full contact details of 3 referees to: E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sabatia Eye Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer