SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia.
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Job Title: Community Facilitator
Duty Station: Kerio Delta and Lapur wards
# of Positions: 2
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in continuous participatory needs assessment in the community & lead the development and implementation of an innovative Food Security and Livelihoods Programme, through community based systems, addressing the needs of the most vulnerable members of society.
- Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on sustainable livelihoods and emergency projects implemented in the community.
- Develop all project implementation work plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed livelihoods and emergency response programme and strategy.
- Strengthen programme linkages and foster good working relations with civil society organizations, government agencies, private sector and community based organizations.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Hold at least a diploma or certificate in development related fields; Agriculture, Community Development, Natural Resource Management, Water and Sanitation or closely related discipline.
- Have at least two years practical experience managing agricultural/livelihoods /food security/WASH/humanitarian aid projects under complex operating environments in arid and semi-arid areas.
- Demonstrated practical project management experience covering all aspects of the project cycle from needs assessment, design, log-frame development, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Have good interpersonal skills, communication, computer, analytical skills, and report writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to arid locations and live in basic conditions.
- A valid driving license for motorbikes or class A.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the aforementioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply