SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia.
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Job Title: GIRL Officer – LMS Project
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with all the program staff in implementation of GIRL program
- To engage community members (community representatives, teachers, religious leaders, government officials and gatekeepers) to form an Advisory Committee to support and inform program activities
- To organize community events to sensitize communities on the GIRL program
- To assist in the creation of technical curricula, basic education (numeracy & literacy) and financial literacy
- To recruit and train mentors to deliver technical curricula to girls
- To identify and recruit girls in the community to participate in livestock/producer groups
- To identify and engage local animal health workers to provide training and technical assistance to livestock/producer groups
- To monitor and track the success and failures of livestock/producer groups
- To collect program data accurately and forward the same to the office timely
- To support community mapping activities, market assessments and base-line/end-line evaluation activities
- To prepare accurate and timely monitoring and field reports and other project documentation as required
- Maintain proper project/program files
- To represent the organization in meetings at the grass root level
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SAPCONE and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
Qualifications and Competencies
- 2-3 years’ experience working with NGOs/CBO’s in civic engagement, livelihoods and education
- Degree in Community Development, Economic Development or related field of study
- Commitment to working with youth and vulnerable groups in need, regardless of race, tribe, religion or gender;
- Understanding of working with local governments and community;
- Good problem solving, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong written and spoken English
- Local language skills required
- Ability to work without constant supervision and as part of a mixed team;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, Word, and Access;
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the aforementioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: email@example.com
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply