SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection, support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia.
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Job Title: House Mother and House Father – Child Protection Project
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 2
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibility of the House Mother/Father is to provide personal care, ensuring good behavior and hygiene standards of children are maintained.
He/She is in charge of the welfare and well-being of children in the Children’s Home within the house and should aim at providing a caring, safe and happy environment.
She must lend an empathetic ear to children with problems or organize counseling services whenever necessary to make them feel loved, appreciated and at home
Qualifications and Competencies
- Secondary school level education (KCSE) or its equivalent
- Experience working with children, especially infants and toddlers required
- Formal training in Early Childhood development / Knowledge about child development and appropriate practice is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English, Kiswahili and local languages.
- Well organized; able to plan and set priorities
- Basic counselling skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Easily makes rapport with children of all ages
- Able to relate with guardians in a professional way.
- Has ability to mentor and be of good example to children.
- Team-player, ready to help others
- Trainable, ready and able to learn
- Sensitive and understanding
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the aforementioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply