SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Job Title: Shelter Manager
# of Positions: 1
Skill and Experience
This position is responsible for the supervision of children and the general oversight of activities within the half way house to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable, and supportive environment.
- Ensure admission and exit of children from the shelter is followed suit as per the admissions guiding policy
- Supervise and monitor social and recreational activities of children within the shelter
- Performs data entry into a computerized record keeping system and maintains thorough and accurate case records and statistics
- Offer assistance to the psychosocial counselor in developing Comprehensive Rehabilitation Needs Assessments and Individualized Rehabilitation Plans when needed.
- Oversees maintenance of confidential and up to date documentation on all admission cases
- Maintain policy and procedure manual to ensure compliance, safety, organization and consistent procedures among staff and clients
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in Social work or social sciences
- Computer literacy a must: working knowledge of MS office required
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Good knowledge of child rights and prevention and response to SGBV issues;
- Good knowledge of Turkana County and its environs;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience working with victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, or child abuse, Gender based violence
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the aforementioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply