SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Position: Social Workers
# of Positions: 5
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct field visits for case assessments in coordination with other SAPCONE staff and keeps track of socio-environmental risks faced by victims at heightened risk;
- Implement and monitor merit based social assistance informed by vulnerability assessment in individual cases in accordance with SAPCONE SOPs with timely updates to the psychosocial panel;
- Provide social assistance including food and non-food items as necessary;
- Interview separated children, unaccompanied minors and other children-at-risk for the purpose of preparing Best Interest Assessment (BIA) reports;
- Liaise with the Child Protection Officer to ensure services are reaching separated and unaccompanied minors, including specific services as recommended
- Provide basic counseling and facilitate external services or appointments;
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of capacity building activities e.g. workshops, trainings or information dissemination;
- Prepare periodic reports on social services;
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in Social work or related field with a strong bias in counseling.
- Computer literacy a must: working knowledge of MS office required;
- Good knowledge of human rights doctrine and working experience in counseling;
- Experience in capacity building including facilitation of community-based training and awareness raising;
- Good knowledge of child rights and prevention and response to SGBV issues;
- • Good knowledge of Turkana County and its environs;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Experience: No less than 2 years previous work experience, including at least 1 year in counselling or social work preferably in an NGO setting.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the aforementioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: email@example.com
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply